Our week : 21st-27th July

Linking up with Hannah's 'The Week That Was Captured', here's a look at my week:

Monday - Another hot and muggy day. Other than popping to Tesco for a few things, we had a quiet day at home.

Tuesday - As Nanny was looking after E's cousin, we all went to Church Farm and had a lovely time. As the girls were all tired we decided to have lunch at home and played. Later in the afternoon, Nanny and E played in the garden whilst I went to the Drs, taking T with me.

Wednesday - E had her first haircut, which you can read about here.

Thursday - Nanny looked after T and E whilst I went back to the Drs to have some blood tests. After 25 minutes and 4 attempts (arms and then hands!) all the nurse could get was half a tube so she admitted defeat and decided I would have to go to the phlebotomy department at the hospital. As it was another scorcher of a day we spent the rest of the day at home.

Friday - Friday was a funny old day! D took the day off to attend a funeral and then was supposed to go out in the afternoon. Our plans were somewhat changed when we went over a pothole down a country lane and ended up with a puncture. When we hit the pothole there was a very loud bang so we stopped the car to check the tyres. We couldn't see anything wrong so carried on our way, feeling quite grateful that no damage had been done! Of course, we were wrong! Approx 15 minutes later the car flashed up a warning. Luckily it was a slow puncture and weren't far from the garage D often uses so we had to take it there for temporary repair and to order a new tyre. So instead of going for our day out we ended up in town and had lunch out.

We were then going to pop to the hospital to get my blood test done but forgot! D then dropped me and the girls in at work whilst he went to find the pothole and take photos as he wants to see if he can claim against the Council for the cost of the tyre.

Saturday - Our day out - we managed it this time! We popped to Sainsbury's to grab some food for our picnic and then headed up to Snettisham Deer Park. I'll be writing about it in a separate post but E loved it! We saw lots of farm animals but unfortunately no deer. There is a 45 minute deer safari but we got E on the tractor/trailer and she started to whine, so we didn't attempt it in the end. We were told it was possible to walk to see them but it was another hot day and we didn't make the whole walk. We'll probably go back and try again when the weather's cooler and the girls are a bit older! 

We then headed to Sandringham with our picnic and took a nice walk through the woods. E didn't nap all day, I don't know where she got her energy from as she walked everywhere, refusing to get into the pushchair. The only good thing about missing a nap during the day is that bedtime is very early and easy to do!

So that was our week.

Linking up with: 

1 comment

  1. Yes - I sort of love the days where B pushes her energy levels to the extreme as I know we're almost guaranteed an evening to ourselves and a night of sleep! I hope you got the car fixed!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx